Monday, July 25, 2011

Update

So Maggie has been doing really well with her new PT. She is lifting her head up pretty high on her tummy but it is still not staying up for a period of time. Just up and down. Every day I hope this is the day that she will be holding her head up, its just such a long process and it takes so much out of you emotionally. If you put her on her back when she gets bored she will roll to her tummy and then gets very angry that she is on her tummy. She has gone tummy to back a couple times, but not very often, usually just screams. I am so proud of my little angel and I know she can actually see and I really hope the ERG goes well and whatever is wrong with her vision is fixable or at least doesn't get worse. I feel so blessed and lucky for her to be as healthy as she is but just can't stop thinking about how emotionally draining it is. I just go through the daily motions and then eventually it just wears on you. Being a parent to a special needs child is very very rewarding but also very hard. I never thought this would happen to me, but it did and I am doing the absolute best I can. I love this little girl so much and wouldn't change anything in the entire world but I have realized I have to stop comparing myself to cases worse than her. Not to forget babies are worse than her, because of course I know there is those also. But I am always saying well its not that bad, it could be worse. I need to realize that I am going to have extremely hard days, and that is ok because the good days are worth it. And I work very hard on these things. My favorite time of night is seeing all my angels sleeping peacefully and knowing they are safe and loved as much as possible. I just keep having to jump through the hurdles and soar through some more hurdles! The strength Maggie has is absolutely incredible and I am happy to say that I know she got that from both her mom and dad. We are such a strong happy family and I need to remember that on the hard days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment