Sunday, January 15, 2012

The things you learn....

So lately I have been thinking about how different my life is than I thought it would be 16 months ago. I never knew I had this strength in me, and I am actually glad that I know what I can handle and get through. My friend brought Maggie over her sons walker that she doesn't use anymore and it is the perfect size for Mags! We like to sit her in it and she uses her head to turn on the lights and music. Sometimes her hands but her head works out better for her, its bigger and is sure to hit one of the buttons! She has been holding her head up a lot lately, and is getting so close to being able to roll over tummy to back. She can roll over back to tummy like a crazy girl, but she hates being on her tummy so we play a game with exercises where she gets to her tummy, gets angry and I help her roll to her back. We do this over and over again. It very helpful in getting her to put at least a little bit of pressure on her legs, we are trying to teach her that her feet are actually useful for something other than just chewing on. We went to the doctors on Friday because she was still sick, and she is fine but we are changing her medicines because the one she is on just has too many side effects that I don't like. So we will be tapering off that and adding a new one. Please pray that this medicine works out as I hate having to do this every few months. I just want to find a medicine or medicines that actually stop the seizures and let her gain some weight. We have her GI appointment Wednesday where we will find out if she is for sure getting a G-tube. It should be interesting to say the least. I am a lot more ok with it now. I was thinking about it and anything that is going to put more weight on her and make her stronger is ok with me! I just won't be looking forward to the actual surgery, those are never fun. I have absolutely no patience so I can't wait until we find out what is going to happen with that. It would be nice to know other things about what she will be able to do but because nobody knows, I will take what I can get. Everyday I wake up thinking about how blessed I am with my little crazy family and know I wouldn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment