Thursday, May 19, 2011
Early Intervention
So I finally had my daughter fax the referral form to Early Intervention. If you don't know what that is, it's a place through the state that gives you PT, OT and any other services you need for special needs/developmentally behind kids ages 0-3. They have it for older kids too but at that point you get on a wait list. Anyways, my doctor sent that in last night at 6pm and the lady called me today! I was so excited to hear from her. She asked about Maggie and I told her everything and a coordinator from the school district will come out to give her a test to see where she needs help and the really nice thing is because she is visually impaired as well they are programed with Anchor which is a place for the blind and visually impaired so we will get some to come out to our house to work with us on visual things and ways to get her to learn not just using her vision since it is so poor! I am really excited to get this started.... And then I put her in the exersaucer today and she actually grabbed at two different toys! It was amazing!!! :D Another toy makes noises and she just kept laughing and laughing at it! I am just so amazed at how much she learns day by day with all the challenges she has in her little life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment